Hiltons at Toledo Downtown
101 N Summit St.
Friday, March 8, 2024 | 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
International Women's Day (IWD) is an annual global day celebrating women's social, economic, cultural, and political achievements. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity. As part of their advocacy awareness in our community, Women of Toledo (WOT) is organizing an IWD signature luncheon.
The IWD 2024 #InspireInclusion campaign aims to collectively forge a more inclusive world for women. When we inspire others to understand and value women's inclusion, we forge a better world.
When women themselves are inspired to be included, there's a sense of belonging, relevance, and empowerment. On an individual basis, it's important to understand, value, and seek out the inclusion of women and girls. Additionally, sharing this knowledge, support, and encouragement with others is key.
This year Women of Toledo is committed to the idea that everyone has an important story to tell and that everyone’s story matters. How do we inspire inclusion? How do you foster connection, empathy, and understanding between people? Tell a good story, of course. At this year's IWD program, we want to share how much more we have in common than what divides us using storytelling.
Storytelling #InspireInclusion through action in areas such as:
· Forging women's economic empowerment
· Recruiting, retaining, and developing female talent
· Supporting women and girls in leadership, decision-making, business, and STEM
· designing and building infrastructure meeting the needs of women and girls
· helping women and girls make informed decisions about their health.
· Involving women and girls in sustainable agriculture and food security
· Providing women and girls with access to quality education and training
· Elevating women and girls' participation and achievement in sport
· Promoting creative and artistic talent of women and girls
· Addressing further areas supporting the advancement of women and girls
Gloria Steinem, world-renowned feminist, journalist, and activist reportedly once explained: "The story of women's struggle for equality belongs to no single feminist, nor any one organization, but to the collective efforts of all who care about human rights."
Event Website | Get Tickets