Toledo Walleye hockey is back...fins up fans and let's get ready for a good time!
Walleye hockey is just around the corner, Fish fans. Mark your calendars for the biggest party in Toledo on Friday, November 3 and Saturday, November 4. Opening Weekend sells out in advance every season, so get your tickets as soon as possible to ensure your seat for the start of our 2023-24 season.
Welcome to the heart-pounding world of ice hockey, where skill, passion, and the roar of the crowd collide on the frozen battleground. In Toledo, this adrenaline-fueled spectacle takes center stage courtesy of the Toledo Walleye at the Huntington Center Arena. Prepare to enter into an exciting 2023 - 24 season immersed in the compelling narrative of a team that has captured the hearts of countless fans and has become a symbol of pride for the city of Toledo.
This year, opening night is on a Friday, so get ready for downtown Toledo to be bustling with excitement for the season to come!
Opening weekend games:
Toledo Walleye Vs. Reading Royals | Friday, November 3 | 7:15 p.m.
Rally towels will be placed on every seat in celebration for opening night!
Toledo Walleye Vs. Indy Fuel | Friday, November 4 | 7:15 p.m.
It is the second night of Opening Weekend! Be one of the first 1,500 fans to the game and receive a collectible coaches poster!
The Toledo Walleye announced its schedule for the 2023-24 season. The team will play two on the road, including a season-opener at Kalamazoo on Saturday, October 21, before coming home to the Huntington Center for Opening Weekend on Friday, November 3 against Reading and Saturday, November 4 against Indy.
- 33 of 36 home games will be played on Friday (12), Saturday (13), or Sunday (8)
- Opening Night is on a Friday for the first time since 2009
- Fort Wayne comes to town seven times
- The tradition of a home game on Black Friday continues (November 24)
- Two home games between Christmas and New Year's (December 27 & 30)
- Two School Education Days (November 15 & December 6)
- The final regular season home game is on Saturday, April 13 vs. Fort Wayne
Your collections are about to get even better, Walleye fans. Check out everything you can go home with this season.
- Rally Towels | Friday, November 3
- Collectible Coaches Poster | Saturday, November 4
- School Folders | Wednesday, November 15 & Wednesday, December 6
- Turkey Hat Drop | Friday, November 24 | Presented by The Ohio Lottery
- Glowsticks | Saturday, December 2 & Sunday, December 3
- Spike Tunnel Ornament | Friday, December 8
- Christmas Item | Saturday, December 23
- Bobb Vergiels Bobblehead | Friday, January 5
- CatTrick Squishy Pillow | Sunday, January 14 | Presented by ProMedica
- Toledo Storm Banner | Saturday, January 27 & Sunday, January 28
- Spike Squishy Pillow | Sunday, February 25 | Presented by ProMedica
- Crossbody Bag | Sunday, March 3 | Presented by Sofo Foods
- John Lethemon Rocker Bobblehead | Friday, March 8
- Mud Hens/Walleye Beanie | Friday, March 29
Top 10 Can't Miss Theme Night Home Games
You’ll want to mark these on your calendar. The 2023-24 promotions schedule has something for everyone, including these ten that’ll have everyone talking.
Opening Weekend | Friday, November 3 & Saturday, November 4
Celebrate Opening Weekend for two days this season – Friday, November 3 and Saturday, November 4.
Hockey Fights Cancer | Friday, November 17
Raise awareness and money for cancer research. The team will be wearing special Hockey Fights Cancer jerseys and will recognize survivors throughout the game.
Glow Weekend | Saturday, December 2 & Sunday, December 3
The Huntington Center will glow in the dark during Glow Weekend. They will give away glowsticks as well as wear specialty glow in the dark jerseys!
Peanuts: A Christmas Celebration | Saturday, December 23
“That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.” Be here for our Peanuts Christmas Celebration, presented by A-Gas, which will include a specialty jersey, giveaway, and much more.
Warner Bros Weekend | Saturday, January 13 & Sunday, January 14
Looney Tunes or Flintstones? How about both? There will be specialty Looney Tunes jerseys on Saturday, January 13 and then continue the fun on Sunday, January 14 with Flintstones jerseys and a CatTrick squishy pillow giveaway, presented by ProMedica.
Toledo Storm Weekend | Saturday, January 27 & Sunday, January 28
Celebrating the 30th anniversary of back-to-back Riley Cup championships for the Toledo Storm. Join the Walleye as they give away a replica Toledo Storm banner, wear specialty Toledo Storm jerseys, and honor the members of these championship teams.
Star Wars Night | Friday, February 2
May the Force be with you during Star Wars Night! Back for the first time since 2019, they will be celebrating the iconic franchise with specialty jerseys and more.
Kids Takeover Night | Sunday, February 25
The kiddos are taking over! This kids-focused night will include specialty jerseys designed by local children at ProMedica Russell J. Ebeid Children’s Hospital and a Spike squishy pillow giveaway, presented by ProMedica.
Rock the Rink Weekend | Friday, March 8 & Saturday, March 9
Let’s rock out, T-Town! It is the first-ever Rock the Rink Weekend and it will feature rock-n-roll music both nights plus a John Lethemon rocker bobblehead giveaway on Friday.
Margaritaville Night | Friday, March 22
Break out those Hawaiian shirts for Margaritaville Night! Celebrating the easy, warm weather vibes with specialty Margaritaville jerseys and more.